Wednesday 22 July 2020

25 Confidence-Boosting Affirmations for Your Child


While I like some of these affirmations, some of them use language that can actually alienate us from children (and ourselves). Nonviolent Communication (NVC) suggests that we avoid terms like “good”, “bad”, “evil” - moralistic language. This is judgmental language which disconnects us.

Statements such as “I love your creativity”, “I love spending time with you” or “I believe in you” are statements I enjoy. In these affirmations, the parent is taking responsibility for his/her thoughts and feelings.

For more about NVC, see NVC Resources and Books about Nonviolence.



Go here for more resources for parents

Please share this with your networks and please leave your comments below.  Thanks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment